Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rest In Peace Dan Axtell

I will miss Dan very much.  He was a great example to me as a single father raising a son, and he did such a great job that it was an inspiration to me and boosted my confidence doing the same thing.  He did so much for my Mom and as a direct and indirect result, for my family, more than I could relay in words.  It doesn't seem real that he could be taken so quickly and so young.  I learned from Dan by his example, not to let things get to you, not sweating the small stuff.  His great sense of humor, and his ability to look at the big picture is something I will always value.  I will keep him in my i-phone contacts, but more importantly I will keep my memories of him close.  I only wish there were more of them.  What I wouldn't give to sit back with him at RenFest and enjoy some great food, a quality drink, and women in bodices.  Three things I know he enjoyed greatly.  We enjoyed several Thanksgivings together, and I remember how he saved one in particular.  I can safely say that the thing I will be most thankful for this coming thanksgiving are the years I enjoyed his friendship.  I lost my own Father on a November 11 years ago, and my heart goes out to you John.  The hardest moments are  upon us as the loss is so near, but we have the rest of our lives to celebrate his life, and he lives on in all of us who were close to him. Rest in peace.  You are in a better place.

1 comment: