Monday, May 23, 2011

Small Break

I'm kind of disappointed in the 3.0 GPA for this past semester.  I'm going to be doing some spring cleaning this week, and prepping for the new semester.  I want to be ready and even more organized and prepared, and work harder for Summer and Fall classes.  I'll start getting student loans in the fall... I worry about doing it, but things cannot proceed without them without great sacrafice.
Mead making commenced Saturday as I helped my Brother set up the first 4.5 gallons of mead.  Although it will likely be the new year, or this time next year before it's ready, we'll add every 6 weeks give or take so that there won't be any more major waiting after the first batch.  It will be great for bonfires, BBQ's and music that we do from time to time.  It's quite an education, but easier than I imagined, at least so far.
This weekend the swimming pool opens.  It will be the beginning of my earnest effort to get great exercise for my body in addition to what my mind will be getting.  "Pain does not exist in this dojo, fear does not exist in this dojo."
It will be important to NOT consider anything but success and the right behavior.  If I let my mind stray, I am giving myself a chance for failure.  I need a zero percent chance of failure and to not consider anything else.  They asked Alexander the Great why he decided to invade Persia.  They had him outnumbered 10 to 1 and had a HUGE Empire.  The fact was, Alexander never considered not invading, so there was no question when the opportunity presented itself, and he succeeded.  That's the way I want to be about this swimming exercise. 
I appreciate you who read my blog and the encouragement I recieve online and off.  It helps more than you  might imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment