Sunday, May 29, 2011

T-minus 1 week till Summer Classes

     I've been trying to squeeze some enjoyment out of the weekend, and have been somewhat successful in that regard.  I felt good about playing Bocce Ball.  Not only did I play pretty well as usual, but it was quite the workout.  Today my back has hurt all day, and last night I felt abs and other muscles I haven't used (but probably should have) in quite a while.  Many good ouches.  My Brother Mike who does Insanity, and did P-90X, and has started working big time with his 53 pound Kettelbell also had a sore back, so I know I'm in good company, though I'm not nearly as in shape, not remotely.
     We started 2 more gallons of mead today.  One has 3 sticks of cinnamon and a vanilla bean in it.  It's got way more bubbles than the other batches, but it is bubbling along well right along side the other batches.  Our first 4.5 gallons should be ready to siphon off in a couple of weeks at most into new gallon jugs.  At that time fermentation will be mostly done and it will have its full alchohol content.  From then on it's all about quality and clarity.
     I was here in Excelsior Springs all day, and so was not able to hit the pool.  It's just as well because I needed a day of recovery after six hours of Bocce yesterday.  Tomorrow the pool should be a reasonable temperature, so it will be much more pleasant.  I've been thinking about the amount of time to spend in the pool.  Michael Phelps spends (or spent) six hours a day in the pool.  I was thinking that if I could at least do 2 to 4 hours a day swimming that it would go a long way toward my goal of being in much better shape by the end of Summer.  If finances allow, at that time I will try to join the YMCA or something so that I can continue to swim.  I doubt I'll do a full 4 hours tomorrow as I have many chores to complete that were started previously, but I think overshooting my goal each time should be my state of mind.
     I am also writing my book again.  I went back and did an edit of Chapter 2 because there were problems with levels of Hierarchy that just didn't roll off the tongue nicely.  I was inspired by a friend recently and reminded that people are waiting to read what I have, and are awaiting the next chapter.  That inspiration was perfectly timed, and I'll be working on that when I'm not swimming tomorrow.  Probably late in the evening.
     Tonght I'm having a lovely Chicken Roast dish, and watching Angel with Mike and Jenn before we head home late late tonight.  I hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment