Monday, March 21, 2011

Back from Spring Break

Lots to do this week for school.  I think this will be a somewhat late night as I have a few things to do before classes tomorrow.  I had to at least jot down a few notes on things so far, and my missing time.

So far things are going well grade-wise, and I think that I'm going to have to get very involved soon in interaction with students if I intend to do this the very best way.  Tonight if I have time, or definitely tomorrow, I'll be submitting an application to Youth Friends.  It is a one hour per week committment, usually after school, and it involves tutoring or just talking to a student about school and giving help where it is needed.  It allows a student and a teacher/adult a great opportunity to fill in the gaps where help is needed.  I'll be honored if I'm selected to take part in the program.  If I am accepted it will start in the fall as they require a full semester committment at least, and this one is too far along already.  From what the person running the program said, an hour a week can make a huge difference in the life of a kid who needs the help.  Exciting stuff.

I'm not done shifting where my time is spent, and as a matter of fact, I feel like I'm only getting started on that.  Idle time is going to be reduced quite a bit, and that includes game time, vegging out time, television, etc. I was just commenting today how I want to get much more active, and there's only one way to change that, and that is to act and not talk about it.  If I post later this week, and I haven't done at least a few things different, then I'm not making real and necessary change, and I'll need a swift kick in the pants to help me along in the right direction.  A little help?

Well I'm going to go have a salad for dinner and consume a Zip Fizz to make sure I'm on task this evening.  I've grown a bit drowsy this afternoon, so it's time to turn that around right now.

Today in class we started studying about Freud's theory of Transference, and how it is used in therapy.  We also had more discussion on Special Education, which concentrated on Inclusion and Law.  We'll get into those subjects more as the week goes on.

Excelsior! (to quote Stan Lee)

No comments:

Post a Comment