Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Heavy Week Completed

I still have one Essay to complete today, but this past week I have completed two essays, and took three tests.  Two tests were very difficult as one was 180 questions, and spanned the entire world map in Geography, and included obscure details regarding cities and rivers in Northern Europe and the British Isles.  The other very difficult one was in Psychology.  I noticed that several in the class failed the exam outright and were scoring in the 40% area.  It made me proud of my 83%, which is of course a B.  So glad I took those awesome notes and did not miss a day.  Attendance is a big deal as I take several pages of notes per day.  Friday less than half the class showed up in both classes due to weather.  I slipped and slided there and back.  In one class I got extra credit just for showing up, and in the other I took a page of notes that will be irreplacable when the next test comes around.  Both classes took less than an hour, and then I was on my way back home.

I have yet to see scores on anything else, but I'll keep this blog updated with my other grades as I go.

Right now I am having some difficulty tackling Math, but I hope to work hard on it at least some this weekend, and Monday in the Math Lab.  Tuesday I have to turn a packet in and take a test on Word Problems.  It may not be pretty unless I really dig in and make something amazing happen.  I don't have a choice, so it has to happen if I'm to stay on schedule for graduation.  Even if I ended up with a C, I'd take it at this point.  Still I'd like a good GPA, so I'm still expecting a B.  I have to aim high.

With the additional things that made the week stressful, I am pleased to have handled it as well as I did.  I have to thank my son for picking up some of the slack at home as I had so much to do.  We had to team  up on moving furniture around for the carpet cleaner guy, and he has done the majority of the dishes and all of his laundry.  I'm so proud that he understands and helps.  We also had a great marathon of The Office when both of us had a time.  I like that show a lot more than I did after watching a good season or so.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the excellent work brother. You get what you earn. Dig deep and keep sending me your essays. I love to read them! I am proud of you, and will not let you slacken your efforts!

    ReplyDelete