Friday, December 16, 2011

And so the Fall Semester Ends

Now that the Semester is over I turn to equally serious matters.  My fond hope is that Keegan does well on his finals.  He deserves great things, and what he is doing now will help him dramatically throughout his college career.  I wish I could reward him with a vehicle and insurance, but I found out how much insurance is for a teenager.  Wow!  Yeah, it's a delicate balance, logistics become difficult as his activities increase and my free time will decrease, and I don't want him to have to work so he can concentrate on his studies and get the best grades possible.  Still he needs to be able to have his own money, and learn more responsibilities.  It's really hard to know what to do, and which way to nudge him to help him the most.  He does have a paid Summer internship coming up in Oklahoma City this Summer, so hopefully that will all be the best possible thing for him.  As a matter of fact, it is a coveted internship, and it may be more important and influential than anything else he does in the next year aside from his final GPA.  It's all a very exciting time.  There's so much going on.

I assume that I will be getting at least one A this Semester, possibly two.  That will help my GPA, but not as much as the Springs semester will help it.  I still have an old grade from 7 or 8 years ago dragging my GPA way lower than it should be.  I'll be close to a 3.25 GPA after this Semester, but back when I first started taking classes I did well in a Math class, but due to illness, I was unable to get to the final, so rather than withdraw me from the class, I was given an actual F.  Yup... Hadn't seen one of those since High School.  That one grade over 6 other semesters of decent work has held my GPA hostage a little bit.  I get to finally replace that grade in the Spring semester.  My GPA should jump, and I'll start qualifying for all sorts of scholarship money.

Now on to the Apartment / House rental search, and job search, and enjoying the lack of homework for the next 4 weeks.  Ain't nothin' goin' on but the rent!

No comments:

Post a Comment