Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Busy Busy

I haven't posted lately for several reasons both school related, and personal.  I'm here now, and that's good.

Last night I reviewed 5 English rough draft papers that we have to go over in a workshop for English.  Only one of them was enjoyable to read.  The other 4 were filled with glaring errors in both punctuation and grammar.  Run-on sentences and sentence fragments were flying at me like crazy.  It ended up being kind of time consuming.  The paper subject was on Language and Language Identity.  I have some great ideas on mine, but I generally don't do a rough draft, and sort of dive right in.  I find my first effort is usually the best.

I also had to finish an Algebra worksheet, an practice test, and spent a few hours doing math problems online to advance my progress there.  It became rather grueling.

Tonight I created a paper for Education 200.  We were required to write about what our teaching philosophy would be once we were teaching.  The first two pages were supposed to describe our teaching philosophy, and the last page was supposed to be about how it related to the 5 main philosophies in teaching that were in our textbook.

The philosophy I decided on was to use a student's personality type to help determine the method of teaching on an individual basis.  There are three main types of people, and I learned them in a "Customer Service Excellence" class.  There is the 'Driver' student(in charge, always goal oriented, strong leader), the 'Expressive' student (needs recognition, uses gestures and body language, creative mind), and the Analytical student (calculating and methodical, problem solver).  The idea was to design group projects to have a job for each personality type, and to use different motivational tools in the classroom that would get each different personality type excited about learning.  I found that the philosophy I was promoting was a combination of three different teaching philosophies; Essentialism, Progressivism, and Perennialism.

I feel good about the paper.  It ended up being a shade over 4 pages, which is more than the requirement.

Tomorrow I have to complete my English paper, create two maps for Geography class tomorrow evening, complete more online math, study for an Education test, and review my Psychology notes for a possible upcoming test.

This is by far the busiest week of school I have had.  Hopefully by Thursday it will calm down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment