Sunday, February 6, 2011

Planning on the run

Ok, so Friday at school the great lesson was; Marketability!

The UMKC representative for the Education department came in to class and went over their requirements and what they offer.  It looks like learning to teach in the KC area, despite how bad it is rated nationwide, actually gives you experience and tools to take into the field no matter where you go.  He mentioned that many Suburban schools, and even rural are coming to them to recruit.  They have a 95-100% placement for those graduating with a Bachelor's degree.

On the organization front, I did get quite a bit into my outlook calendar at home.  I am still lacking remote access to Blackboard, so I have a bit left to do.  I'll straighten that out with the IT folks on Monday at school.

I also checked with Financial Aid about student loans for next Fall, so I'm trying to stay ahead of things.  First and foremost I have to do my FAFSA for next year, and before I do that I have to do my taxes, so one step at a time, I'll get there.  Still waiting on one W-2 before I can start that process.

Lots to do, little time to do it.  I'll be very busy this next week especially, but I will still blog.  Have a great Superbowl Sunday!

1 comment: