Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lessons for Friday and this week, and just... stuff

Well I wasn't proud of myself today.  I still haven't put in all of my test dates, class dates, paper due dates, and everything into my calendar on my phone or on Outlook.  I really need to get this done.  Because of the snow storm, a packet of Math that would normally be due today will be ok not being turned in until Tuesday, BUT, it could have cost me.  The problem is I had plans to visit the Math Lab on a snow day.  The teacher said not to let it throw me off because everyone has been dealing with altered schedules and we've lost basically a week of class for the semester, so instead of adding time at the end of semester, they have accelerated my classes.  yay? Anyway, the lesson I have learned is to work ahead so there are no surprises.  This may be the most important lesson to being successful in school.  Also... look at blackboard daily.... very important.

OK...

Today at school I started with the Aleks program of learning math on the computer.  It's kinda cool in that you can really learn on the computer without a teacher, but I'm still going to the math lab. hehe.

I wrote a diagnostic paper in English today.  Basically they give you 50 minutes to write on  the subject of an experpt taken from a book or article to test your language / grammar / punctuation skills so you know what to work on the rest of the Semester.  I hope it's all good news.  Where is my editor?  I need an editor so I don't have to worry about punctuation.

1 comment:

  1. Work ahead can also translate to "Plan ahead" in the real world. Good food for thought brother!

    ReplyDelete